DIVORCE CARE KIDS (DC4K)
What is Divorce Care for Kids (DC4K)
Are your children angry, hurt, and confused about your separation or divorce? A DivorceCare for Kids (DC4K) group is a safe, fun place where your children can learn skills that will help them heal. DC4K groups blend, games, music, stories, videos and discussion to help kids process the divorce and move forward. Groups meet weekly and are designed for children ages 5-12. DC4K provides your children with a safe and neutral place to gain an age-appropriate understanding of separation and divorce. They will learn how to process and share their feelings.
Session topics (13 weeks) include:
1. What’s Happening to My Family?
2. God Loves Children in All Kinds of Families
3. Facing My Anger
4. Journey from Anger to Sadness
5. I Am Not Alone
6. God’s Plan for Me
7. Developing New Relationships
8. Developing Money Smarts
9. It’s Not My Fault
10. Telling My Parents How I Feel
12. Loving My Parents
13. Moving On: Growing UP and Closer to God